Feeling rather empowered right now...

Though I have no idea if this will make sense to anyone, as I am drunk and typoing a LOT.

I'm catching most of it but I caught myself typing "so" instead of "no" the other day, so I am rather embarrassed.
Way to ruin the empowerment.
LOL.
I made it all the way home. I navigated the cab home, I even pulled the bike out of the back. I feel weird all the time about my knowledge of alcohol, yet it saved me tonight. It's saved me before, but tonight was awesome. The party that I felt so weird about in the beginning? I'll admit, I had very weird thoughts about going to Paul's birthday party, but I wanted to do it, I wanted to be able to say I did it.
He's just like some old friend, that's all. It was nice to see him and hang out with him, but I didn't feel hurt, I didn't feel sad, it was just weird and full of memories.
Ben actually got drunker than me somehow, which seems rather rare. I'm usually the stupid one, but I was good this time. I feel bad for Ben, but at least I managed to get us home. LOL.
I actually quite enjoyed myself and I'm glad I went. As for knowing plenty of people, not so much, but enough to work my way through it.
I'm actually pretty good at meeting new people, I just get weird around old friends. Cause I'm a lame bastard.
Meh.
Tonight I'm chalking up to a success. I think I may have even stayed longer and still enjoyed myself, but I'm glad we left before we were both drunken idiots. Having one person able to deal makes a big difference.
Do you know what's weird? I used to always feel like that person. The one who could deal, given any intoxication, any stupid situation. I've left so much of that dealing, coping if you will, go since I let Ben in my life. He's usually the smart one. The one who realizes I've had enough, the one who puts me to bed when I really have had enough, the one who backs me up on my parenting decisions (to throw something completely random in there), the one who rocks my world.
So while he is definitely drunker than myself tonight, I'm thanking heaven, thanking someone for throwing this fantastic guy my way.
Speaking of, I should go check on his drunk ass. =S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.