Mission Sushi - Accomplished
Sidney and I had a date today for sushi. I was really worried about being late, so I left an hour early. It was only as I got downtown that I realized by doing this, I was going to have to sit somewhere and loiter while I waited for her.
No problem, thought I. I'll sit by the fountain downtown and wait until it's about time to walk over to 5th street.
Except Saturday Market was going on. Which usually involves at least one person I avoid like the plague. So no luck.
Then I thought, well, I'll wait downtown and catch the Breeze. Except once I got downtown all plans and thoughts fled and all I wanted was to be AWAY from downtown. So I walked the extremely long way around.
Still got there way early. I guess she did too, but neither of us knew the other was there. LOL.
I got my favorite sushi, but for some reason it didn't taste as good. Either I'm growing out of that particular obsession, or else my sore throat is affecting my taste buds. I think it is, really. =(
Oh well. We talked and talked, and then walked down to the liquor store.
I avoid downtown, and here is a good reason why. Mouse walked past me on my way to 5th street market, and while he didn't acknowledge me, he made a big point to walk really fast past me. Maybe he hoped I would be like...hey, hang out! or something, but I don't really like to hang out with him.
I was mentioning this to Sidney on our way to the Horsehead to have a drink, and she mentioned how she didn't think she knew him, and I was like O_o, cause I didn't know people existed who hadn't met him.
Two seconds later, I SWEAR, we ran into him. This time he made a big show of recognizing me and made me stop to talk to him. I think he did it cause I had Sidney with me and she is cute.
The only thing he talked about the whole time (he had some groupie following him) was how much this town sucks and how he can't wait to get out of here.
He's SO bored. And he hates Eugene.
I like Eugene, thank you.
I didn't quite know what to say to all the negativity and short of saying something like well, hope you get out of town SOON then. (which might be rude? But this is the guy who I feel asleep on when he was trying to seduce me, so I probably can't be much ruder to him?) He finally asked us where we were going, and I looked at Sidney desperately, at this point sure he is going to invite himself along. She is polite though and said, oh we're going to the Horsehead, which was when he said the magic words.
Oh, the Horsehead, the ONE place I can't go.
Dodged that bullet. Whew.
Actually, he's lucky he can't, cause I saw Mike on the way out, and I guess Mike has always had it out for Mouse. Mike told me that the boys should call him sometime to come and play Magic with them. =) I'll have to remember which way his number is one off from Heather's, or else I'll never be able to call him.
He's my favorite Heather's ex boyfriend. All others I am inclined to hate, but since they are friends, I get to still like him. He's a nice guy.
And Jenn? I'm sorry about the Mouse bad talk, it's just that the guy drives me crazy.
If you hate everything as he seems too, you should not come out in public, but that's only my opinion. LOL
All in all? A good night. I walked all over downtown and got to hang out with Sidney who is awesome. She can even walk all over downtown in heels, which amazes me!
I'll have to get out with her more often.
No problem, thought I. I'll sit by the fountain downtown and wait until it's about time to walk over to 5th street.
Except Saturday Market was going on. Which usually involves at least one person I avoid like the plague. So no luck.
Then I thought, well, I'll wait downtown and catch the Breeze. Except once I got downtown all plans and thoughts fled and all I wanted was to be AWAY from downtown. So I walked the extremely long way around.
Still got there way early. I guess she did too, but neither of us knew the other was there. LOL.
I got my favorite sushi, but for some reason it didn't taste as good. Either I'm growing out of that particular obsession, or else my sore throat is affecting my taste buds. I think it is, really. =(
Oh well. We talked and talked, and then walked down to the liquor store.
I avoid downtown, and here is a good reason why. Mouse walked past me on my way to 5th street market, and while he didn't acknowledge me, he made a big point to walk really fast past me. Maybe he hoped I would be like...hey, hang out! or something, but I don't really like to hang out with him.
I was mentioning this to Sidney on our way to the Horsehead to have a drink, and she mentioned how she didn't think she knew him, and I was like O_o, cause I didn't know people existed who hadn't met him.
Two seconds later, I SWEAR, we ran into him. This time he made a big show of recognizing me and made me stop to talk to him. I think he did it cause I had Sidney with me and she is cute.
The only thing he talked about the whole time (he had some groupie following him) was how much this town sucks and how he can't wait to get out of here.
He's SO bored. And he hates Eugene.
I like Eugene, thank you.
I didn't quite know what to say to all the negativity and short of saying something like well, hope you get out of town SOON then. (which might be rude? But this is the guy who I feel asleep on when he was trying to seduce me, so I probably can't be much ruder to him?) He finally asked us where we were going, and I looked at Sidney desperately, at this point sure he is going to invite himself along. She is polite though and said, oh we're going to the Horsehead, which was when he said the magic words.
Oh, the Horsehead, the ONE place I can't go.
Dodged that bullet. Whew.
Actually, he's lucky he can't, cause I saw Mike on the way out, and I guess Mike has always had it out for Mouse. Mike told me that the boys should call him sometime to come and play Magic with them. =) I'll have to remember which way his number is one off from Heather's, or else I'll never be able to call him.
He's my favorite Heather's ex boyfriend. All others I am inclined to hate, but since they are friends, I get to still like him. He's a nice guy.
And Jenn? I'm sorry about the Mouse bad talk, it's just that the guy drives me crazy.
If you hate everything as he seems too, you should not come out in public, but that's only my opinion. LOL
All in all? A good night. I walked all over downtown and got to hang out with Sidney who is awesome. She can even walk all over downtown in heels, which amazes me!
I'll have to get out with her more often.
Comments
My Pure Romance party is this Sunday (the 23rd) at 7pm. It is going to be TONS of fun and I hope to have plenty of snacks and drinks available. It is totally laid back with lots of neat things to look at. I've been to a few of Brandy's pure romance parties and she does a great job of being professional but being fun all at once. Let me know if you can come!
Airie
Plus, since the boys are out tonight, I like to be lazy and do nothing and hang out with them at home on Sundays. Thanks for the offer though! =) I hope you have a ton of fun.