Can I get a witness?

I tend to over react to things. LOL. That might even be an understatement. I tend to blow things out of proportion sometimes. I'd like to think life is more fun that way, and I'll tell you, I'm rarely bored. I get all butt hurt over stupid crap all the time.
For instance, my psyche (ha, I typed psycho first!) smacked me in the face this morning. I was dreaming as I hit the snooze button, and for some reason in my dream Ben told me that our sex life was boring.
Thanks subconscious. That's what I needed to wake up to. Fuck you too buddy.

But this is really about more pressing matters. See, since I am over dramatic, I look to others for feedback on lots of things. Especially my not quite sickness right now. I haven't taken any Tylenol today, and I'm pretty sure I still feel stupid in the head. I want to go home and take my temperature and hope I have a fever. ANY OUTWARD SIGN OF SICKNESS WOULD BE NICE. I've ran this by a quite a few people and the people who have opinions are pretty much split right down the middle. Some think I should go, and that I shouldn't feel like this for 4 weeks straight. And I think some people think I'm a little crazy and a drama queen (I am) and that I should not waste everyone's time by going in.
So, no real help there. Instead I just whine every day.
Additionally, I'm kind of hoping to avoid antibiotics and the problems that come with them. You know, like possible pregnancy, and chance of yeasties. ICK.

But my toe? It's doing quite nicely. I would like to add right here that my body is not the right body for a hypochondriac. I bruise if you look at me almost, and my toe that looked so damn bad merely days ago, looks quite normal now. Still bruised, but I don't think it's really broken. And even if it is, it's not really hurting much, so no reason for painkillers.
The things that worry me?
I had a UTI while pregnant and had no idea. My body wasn't smart enough to tell me. It didn't hurt or anything. This makes me think I'm gonna get some weird disease and not even know it.
I have a nasty history of strep throat. When I was 14 or so, I got sick. I got sick and I don't think I even had a sore throat. I just thought I had a cold. So I took pretty much any and all the cold medicine we had in the house and just slept all the time. When I got to the point of wheezing, Heather MADE me go to the emergency room, she's a smart cookie! My mom never had insurance for us kids, so going to the doctor didn't happen unless she thought you were dying. I don't know how long it would have went on. All I know is that when they diagnosed me with strep throat (that had spread to my LUNGS, it was that bad), I cried. I was so relieved that someone believed that I was sick enough to go to the doctor.
They gave me antibiotics (which my mom made me call my dad to have him buy, and he wouldn't, so my mom did anyhow. I hate my parents a lot sometimes) and an inhaler, and STEROIDS. For my lungs. They were the nastiest things ever. Small little pills, but if they didn't go down on the first swallow, they would dissolve super fast and they were nasty.

So this is why I worry. Might it be strep throat? I'm more hoping for a sinus infection, but my snot isn't very green like they say it would be. I just don't want to fuck up my lungs so bad that they can't recover.
Also, I drank a liter and a half of water already today and I will be drinking at least another half liter in hopes that that might be WHY I have a perma-headache.

I wrote this out before I decided to suck it up and go to the doctor tomorrow, so if none of this makes sense, that's why.
You know, unless it's just a case of my not making sense. Sometimes that happens too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.