Well
It's officially March. Just 11 more days until our FIVE YEAR MARK! It astounds me, even now. I've NEVER managed to hold something together this long. I've never reached five years with ANYTHING. Not with the job....ok, I have with the kid. He's more than five. But anything else?
Just can't stick it. Even college was only 4 years.
I guess Elementary school, but like I remember that. I suppose I've had friendships for longer.
And now with him calling my house home and having to compromise, it's kind of easy to see why I can't deal with people for long.
I'm a bit of a control freak. The other day I went a little wonky when he wouldn't change the channel RIGHT then. My line of thinking was...he's had the TV while I blogged and now I would like to watch a little before I go to bed. When I tried to mention this, he was like.....I was watching the beginning of the show (implying of course, that he would like to finish it.) and I let it be.
It was HARD though and I'm still a little butthurt, cause he didn't let me get my point across. It's annoying when I can see both sides of any issue, but others won't even try to see my point of view.
A few minutes later, he started rubbing my back and all I could think was...I CAN'T believe you're touching me after that. But I managed not to say that and instead just go and do laundry.
Co-habitating is hard. I don't have a very good track record either. Roommates drive me CRAZY and Jake was not an easy person to live with. Ben might as well have been living with me, but actually making it completely true has still knocked me for a loop a little.
Maybe now I can get him to clean the bathroom. I always used to think...no, he does dishes and stuff..it's my bathroom, I should clean it.
Mwahahahaha. My evil plan to have someone else clean the bathroom is working.
Derek better watch out, he's next. He's the one who PEES all over everything, not me. Give him another couple of years and he'll be cleaning that bathroom regularly.
Anyhow....Ben and I are going out the Friday before his birthday, cause that is when Tammy is free, and I like the idea of getting out before people get all crazy on Saturday. Where? Not a clue yet, but somewhere fun and then the bar for POOL! Which bar? Not a clue again. Whichever one is not BLARING music so that we don't have to shout at each other or pay a cover.
Something else? That Friday kicks off my vacation week (almost a week anyhow) and I am just happy as a clam that I can get some time outta this place. The backstabbing is getting to bad. I just lay my head down and ignore most everyone else. But some of these people are just crazy. It's all about telling on people.
Are we all 5 still?
I'm trying to teach Derek that telling on people and saying they did it first isn't gonna get him outta trouble.
Maybe I should expand my teachings to work?
Just can't stick it. Even college was only 4 years.
I guess Elementary school, but like I remember that. I suppose I've had friendships for longer.
And now with him calling my house home and having to compromise, it's kind of easy to see why I can't deal with people for long.
I'm a bit of a control freak. The other day I went a little wonky when he wouldn't change the channel RIGHT then. My line of thinking was...he's had the TV while I blogged and now I would like to watch a little before I go to bed. When I tried to mention this, he was like.....I was watching the beginning of the show (implying of course, that he would like to finish it.) and I let it be.
It was HARD though and I'm still a little butthurt, cause he didn't let me get my point across. It's annoying when I can see both sides of any issue, but others won't even try to see my point of view.
A few minutes later, he started rubbing my back and all I could think was...I CAN'T believe you're touching me after that. But I managed not to say that and instead just go and do laundry.
Co-habitating is hard. I don't have a very good track record either. Roommates drive me CRAZY and Jake was not an easy person to live with. Ben might as well have been living with me, but actually making it completely true has still knocked me for a loop a little.
Maybe now I can get him to clean the bathroom. I always used to think...no, he does dishes and stuff..it's my bathroom, I should clean it.
Mwahahahaha. My evil plan to have someone else clean the bathroom is working.
Derek better watch out, he's next. He's the one who PEES all over everything, not me. Give him another couple of years and he'll be cleaning that bathroom regularly.
Anyhow....Ben and I are going out the Friday before his birthday, cause that is when Tammy is free, and I like the idea of getting out before people get all crazy on Saturday. Where? Not a clue yet, but somewhere fun and then the bar for POOL! Which bar? Not a clue again. Whichever one is not BLARING music so that we don't have to shout at each other or pay a cover.
Something else? That Friday kicks off my vacation week (almost a week anyhow) and I am just happy as a clam that I can get some time outta this place. The backstabbing is getting to bad. I just lay my head down and ignore most everyone else. But some of these people are just crazy. It's all about telling on people.
Are we all 5 still?
I'm trying to teach Derek that telling on people and saying they did it first isn't gonna get him outta trouble.
Maybe I should expand my teachings to work?
Comments
Jenn - Yeah, I figure he might as well already lived here. It's just in my head, I was always able to think of it as MY house. More sway on the decision, I guess. We all know I'm a control freak. Please tell Chris many thanks from me for helping to get the hard drive in and working beautifully.
Recycled Illusions - You're free? For the weekend, from work maybe. Or free for Ben's birthday? Cause I thought you were babysitting. Confusion is settling in. Let me know if you can still babysit or not.
That Girl - I'll mention that to him. He wants to play pool and we are worried about having enough time out since we are bus bound. I'd like to NOT pay for a cab, if possible. But I know he likes Who's line is it anyway? So maybe. Thanks for the idea!