New Year’s Eve
I’m so very excited. I don’t love Christmas, but I LOVE New
Year’s Eve. Always. I dunno if it’s because it seems like a fresh start or
what, but I am always so happy to kick the last year out on its ass. Plus tis
the season to party and I KNOW HOW TO PARTY. Haha.
For 2010, we went to Jenni’s house. She was not my neighbor
yet, we didn’t even have a clue that by the next year we’d be neighbors. It’s
funny how life works. But we didn’t have Derek and wanted to be OUT with
people. I’m pretty sure we didn’t stay until midnight, Heather would’ve wanted
to leave before that, I’m certain. But it was still fun. Ben met Rowan, she
kept asking him to “sniff him’s butt” in regards to her stuffed Santa doll.
There was dip and veggies and Rowan kept licking the ranch off but wouldn’t eat
the veggies. All in all, it was a good time…
For 2011, we lived next door to Jenni. We have 4 apartments
in our section and I know 2 of my 3 neighbors quite well. We put together some
crazy food, invited some extra friends over, watched some ridiculous videos on
youtube and drank entirely too much. We were the people playing in traffic, the
people singing in the parking lot at 3 in the morning. It was epic and awesome
and all kinds of other appropriate words for amazingness.
This year, I’m hoping we top it. Though we may not have
Heather because…well because she can’t go anywhere without her hobbits and I
don’t want to hang out with them. Everyone seems to be on board for awesome
amazingness as of this point. Here’s hoping no one makes other plans in the
meantime. I got invited to a friend’s thing, but when I can hang out at home
with cheaper drinking and my awesome neighbors? Hands down, I will pick that.
So, here’s wishing this New Year’s Eve is the best….. Best
ever….
I keep pushing the marriage thing. Haha. Maybe I’ll get
married this NYE. Lol.
Likely not.
Comments