Here’s a surprise, sometimes I lie...
I've been inordinately pleased with my kid's report card.
In true me fashion, I'm focusing on the good, which is that my kid rocks the math and reading tests. Better than average.
Plus...well, he's rocking the algebraic problems and the decimals, and all I can think while looking at it is "screw those fractions!" Fractions are stupid, but Algebra is important.
Don't ask me why I've had such a problem with fractions while decimals are completely normal to me, but somehow I've transferred it on to my child?
Again, not something I'd consider genetic, so how the hell does this happen? He loves video games (I blame Jake), and Algebra. Which I blame me for. =)
YAY ALGEBRA.
One of the interns and myself were talking earlier today and he said..that's how I knew I was a dork. I found out that little fact about myself all over again daily.
I'm a big dork. lol.
Beyond my math dorkiness, I've done good things tonight.
I wrote Juliette a letter. I've been meaning to since she wrote us before Christmas, but I kept thinking that I didn't know what to say to her.
The truth is? She could totally be my sister, so it wasn't that hard, and I feel better for knowing that I'm going to put a smile on her face.
And long before I had a boyfriend that made me dinner EVERY night (I'm not even kidding), I used to cook.
It would not be apparent at all tonight as I've put together the following dinner for myself since I am too lazy to walk to Fred Meyer's -
Two hash brown patties.
A hamburger...well, a cheeseburger, sans bun.
That's my dinner.
Sometimes I think I'm a big smart dork, and sometimes I think I'm this close to stupidest person ever. lol! =)
In true me fashion, I'm focusing on the good, which is that my kid rocks the math and reading tests. Better than average.
Plus...well, he's rocking the algebraic problems and the decimals, and all I can think while looking at it is "screw those fractions!" Fractions are stupid, but Algebra is important.
Don't ask me why I've had such a problem with fractions while decimals are completely normal to me, but somehow I've transferred it on to my child?
Again, not something I'd consider genetic, so how the hell does this happen? He loves video games (I blame Jake), and Algebra. Which I blame me for. =)
YAY ALGEBRA.
One of the interns and myself were talking earlier today and he said..that's how I knew I was a dork. I found out that little fact about myself all over again daily.
I'm a big dork. lol.
Beyond my math dorkiness, I've done good things tonight.
I wrote Juliette a letter. I've been meaning to since she wrote us before Christmas, but I kept thinking that I didn't know what to say to her.
The truth is? She could totally be my sister, so it wasn't that hard, and I feel better for knowing that I'm going to put a smile on her face.
And long before I had a boyfriend that made me dinner EVERY night (I'm not even kidding), I used to cook.
It would not be apparent at all tonight as I've put together the following dinner for myself since I am too lazy to walk to Fred Meyer's -
Two hash brown patties.
A hamburger...well, a cheeseburger, sans bun.
That's my dinner.
Sometimes I think I'm a big smart dork, and sometimes I think I'm this close to stupidest person ever. lol! =)
Comments