ACK! Like Bill the Cat
I love that cartoon. Makes me sad that it is no longer.
Penguins are cool, m'kay?
So, we (the Ducks) lost Saturday. We suck. Actually it was REALLY close. Which I guess makes for a good game.
The power went off last night at 12:30 or so. Everything just quit. I was ALMOST asleep and then that happens. I didn't really get into a good sleep until it came back on...at 2 am.
I was so worried that Derek would wake up, freak out when the hall light wasn't on, and just about lose it.
Instead
(Do you know the phrase "Driven to distraction"? - I would kind of like to take a scalpel and cut all my skin off. Every bit of it. I'm SO ITCHY, no rhyme or reason. I've taken to pinching my skin where it itches instead of itching. I'm SO irritated, both in my head and on my skin. When my skin stops itching, my head starts. I hate this weather. I hate Oregon right now. I'd like to live in Hawaii, and I think I'm going to once Derek gets older. Hopefully. I was having a good couple of days and then I realized that it wasn't as itchy and now I hate everything all over again. I bought lotion, even extra moisturizing crap, and it's no good. I guess I have to buy the 7 dollar lotion, which I can ill afford right now. I'm pretty sure I just tweaked my neck trying to not scratch too hard, but satisfy it. I'm so ready to cry. Tears of irritation. I'm half convinced that if I could just soak in a hot tub it would help. Sadly my tub only fills up to my thighs. =( I'm thinking that Ben and I need to hit the hot tubs as soon as Derek leaves with Jake for that weekend in California. Or just go along with. LOL. I HATE MY SKIN. That's right baby, I hate in CAPITALS.)
Ok, where were we?
Oh, so we leave the light on in the hall for Derek. Perhaps I'm babying him, but I don't really see any damn reason why my kid should be afraid and in the dark when he goes to bed as leaving the hall light on works just fine for us.
He did wake up, wasn't terribly worried about it, though he did try to turn on the bathroom light without much success. I guess he thought the hall light had burnt out?
So, I lay in bed, trying to be as quiet as I could to listen and see if he was having any problems.
When Ben got up to put out the candle when the lights came back on, he said that Derek looked like he was asleep, so I hope he wasn't up for too long.
It was a weird night, and Derek was grumpy this morning. I tried not to be grumpy with him as I knew he had been woken up that night, but it was hard. He was so angry that I didn't go in and reset his clock after the power came back on so that he could play some of his video game before he went to school. Instead I woke him up, but only when it was getting close to time to leave, in an effort to let him sleep longer. Boy did that backfire. I got the silent treatment the whole way to school. Ugh.
I got wet in the rain, my pant legs got soaked, and I had to go home, only to leave again to come to work.
On the way in, I was carefully avoiding the puddles and instead of stepping in one, I managed to kick one, so the whole top of my foot got wet. Who's ever heard of that?
I had to stand on the bus and the top window was open, so it kept dripping on me. That was nice.
I get to work, I've not been there even 45 minutes and I realized that I REALLY wanted to go home already.
I've been answering phones all day and being bright, cheery, and friendly to people.
ON A MONDAY.
Don't I get some sort of special pay for this? Ha ha.
It's been a BAD day. That's really all there is to it. I'm glad I'm home. I'm sad I'm itchy. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for this Oregon Kicker check they keep talking about. I figured out that I would get like..200 dollars. Which is awesome, especially right now. I'd be happy with an extra hundred, hell maybe even an extra fifty. Every bit counts and I think I actually have to buy a Christmas tree this year. I've managed not to since my kid has been alive. 10 years and now I have to. Something tells me it won't quite feel like Christmas (to the kid) without one.
Now I just have to figure out how to get one home on the bus. Or walking it. Those are my options. I'm excited already, we all know how much I love a challenge. =S
What's funny is that Jake and I were never sure how we would handle Christmas, how we would handle "Santa" and all those things.
I got sucked into Santa when other kids talked about it to him, and now I'm getting sucked into the tree.
If I lived in Hawaii, I'd have a great big palm (Christmas) tree.
Penguins are cool, m'kay?
So, we (the Ducks) lost Saturday. We suck. Actually it was REALLY close. Which I guess makes for a good game.
The power went off last night at 12:30 or so. Everything just quit. I was ALMOST asleep and then that happens. I didn't really get into a good sleep until it came back on...at 2 am.
I was so worried that Derek would wake up, freak out when the hall light wasn't on, and just about lose it.
Instead
(Do you know the phrase "Driven to distraction"? - I would kind of like to take a scalpel and cut all my skin off. Every bit of it. I'm SO ITCHY, no rhyme or reason. I've taken to pinching my skin where it itches instead of itching. I'm SO irritated, both in my head and on my skin. When my skin stops itching, my head starts. I hate this weather. I hate Oregon right now. I'd like to live in Hawaii, and I think I'm going to once Derek gets older. Hopefully. I was having a good couple of days and then I realized that it wasn't as itchy and now I hate everything all over again. I bought lotion, even extra moisturizing crap, and it's no good. I guess I have to buy the 7 dollar lotion, which I can ill afford right now. I'm pretty sure I just tweaked my neck trying to not scratch too hard, but satisfy it. I'm so ready to cry. Tears of irritation. I'm half convinced that if I could just soak in a hot tub it would help. Sadly my tub only fills up to my thighs. =( I'm thinking that Ben and I need to hit the hot tubs as soon as Derek leaves with Jake for that weekend in California. Or just go along with. LOL. I HATE MY SKIN. That's right baby, I hate in CAPITALS.)
Ok, where were we?
Oh, so we leave the light on in the hall for Derek. Perhaps I'm babying him, but I don't really see any damn reason why my kid should be afraid and in the dark when he goes to bed as leaving the hall light on works just fine for us.
He did wake up, wasn't terribly worried about it, though he did try to turn on the bathroom light without much success. I guess he thought the hall light had burnt out?
So, I lay in bed, trying to be as quiet as I could to listen and see if he was having any problems.
When Ben got up to put out the candle when the lights came back on, he said that Derek looked like he was asleep, so I hope he wasn't up for too long.
It was a weird night, and Derek was grumpy this morning. I tried not to be grumpy with him as I knew he had been woken up that night, but it was hard. He was so angry that I didn't go in and reset his clock after the power came back on so that he could play some of his video game before he went to school. Instead I woke him up, but only when it was getting close to time to leave, in an effort to let him sleep longer. Boy did that backfire. I got the silent treatment the whole way to school. Ugh.
I got wet in the rain, my pant legs got soaked, and I had to go home, only to leave again to come to work.
On the way in, I was carefully avoiding the puddles and instead of stepping in one, I managed to kick one, so the whole top of my foot got wet. Who's ever heard of that?
I had to stand on the bus and the top window was open, so it kept dripping on me. That was nice.
I get to work, I've not been there even 45 minutes and I realized that I REALLY wanted to go home already.
I've been answering phones all day and being bright, cheery, and friendly to people.
ON A MONDAY.
Don't I get some sort of special pay for this? Ha ha.
It's been a BAD day. That's really all there is to it. I'm glad I'm home. I'm sad I'm itchy. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for this Oregon Kicker check they keep talking about. I figured out that I would get like..200 dollars. Which is awesome, especially right now. I'd be happy with an extra hundred, hell maybe even an extra fifty. Every bit counts and I think I actually have to buy a Christmas tree this year. I've managed not to since my kid has been alive. 10 years and now I have to. Something tells me it won't quite feel like Christmas (to the kid) without one.
Now I just have to figure out how to get one home on the bus. Or walking it. Those are my options. I'm excited already, we all know how much I love a challenge. =S
What's funny is that Jake and I were never sure how we would handle Christmas, how we would handle "Santa" and all those things.
I got sucked into Santa when other kids talked about it to him, and now I'm getting sucked into the tree.
If I lived in Hawaii, I'd have a great big palm (Christmas) tree.
Comments