When you feel so powerless, what are you gonna do?

Mission: Accomplished.
Got to the courthouse as early as I could. 8, almost on the dot. Waited to have my form notarized, ran up to the courtroom (waited until 8:30!), had them sign off on my fee deferral. Answer? I have to pay the fee, but I can make payments! HURRAY!
Went back down to the original room, had to have them stamp the papers, plus she gave me a few pointers, so I furiously added some lines to the bottom of the "answer" quickly.
They did not give me a court date, so I feel a little relieved. This could potentially mean that it won't go all the way to court (in my head, no one told me this). Maybe they will decide not to go that far since I am not taking it lying down.
In any case, the "answer" is filed. They can't garnish me without taking me to court now.
I feel really relieved. So very relieved. If it buys me enough time to get to tax return season, than perhaps I should do the bankruptcy thing. If it means I won't be garnished for the rest of my life, I will do it.
I mailed out my answer today, via certified mail. If it's the same as last time they will get it tomorrow.
My weekend can be free from worry now, cause I've done all I can do.
Do you know what though? Everyone has been so very sympathetic and understanding about it. Even though I know I came across as an idiot while there today, they had patience with me and I was even at work by 9.
With Dutch, at that.
Yay DUTCH.
I've set aside Saturday to clean up for Derek's party next Friday (SO CLOSE!), and drink myself stupidresponsibly. My house is gonna be CLEAN! I'm gonna crank up the music, dance while I clean and stay the hell away from the computer. When the boys go to Magic, I often spend the WHOLE time on the computer. Not good for me. Not good for my house either. Not at all.
I'll still be wishing I had gone hot tubbing and gotten out of the house though.
Also! Either the worry has prevented me from thinking about it, or the weather is better, or my skin has finally grown accustomed to it, but I am not itchy and haven't been for days! I LOVE not being itchy. Go figure, huh?
And I spent my lunch yesterday running to VRC to get pants as all mine are wearing out at the same damn time, and they turned out to be less than 20 bucks. These same pants are usually 35.40, but they were on clearance and I got an extra buck off for some magazine ad. Had to "buy" the magazine, but the coupon was for 5 bucks off, so it came out in my favor. I'm so happy I got jeans for under 20 dollars. Thinking about going back on Sunday as I have a flyer that says I can take another 30 percent off clearance items. If I have time, I should. It's rare I can get my pants for that cheap and this is the only place I know that has real jeans for fat girls and not stretch jeans. I HATE stretch jeans.
I'm rambling on and on, so I'm gonna go. Rambling with relief really. LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.