Halloween pretty much rocks all over the place.

Besides the hooligans. I hate the hooligan teenagers. It's how I know I'm getting old, I groan every time I have to be near a group of teenagers.
And I really like the word "hooligan", cause it will not get me in trouble. Not like bitches! will.
Pretty much all of Accounting dressed up, with a few exceptions. We decorated the whole place and I think we did a damn good job. It was a lot easier to mimic the toga party from "Animal House" than to mimic "Pleasantville".
Our IT/Marketing/One extra person did "Shaun of the Dead". I'm so super jealous, but hardly anyone in Accounting has even watched that movie. They wouldn't have known how to dress. They did a fantastic job of it though!
I'm glad someone got to use it, as it's pretty much the best zombie movie ever!
At one point, talk turned to RHPS and someone was asking what it was about. They had never seen it 0_o. I KNOW! It's one thing not to have seen it live, entirely another to not have seen it at all.
Trying to explain it is hard. It's a fantastic cult movie, and almost exclusively a Halloween thing, but I'm not sure why. I guess it would be scary to the "pure" types since Brad and Janet get turned to the dark side, but it's just not really a scary movie. (Ben suggested that it's because Halloween is about dressing up and that movie is surely full of dressing up. As usual, he makes sense.)
At one point, my fantastic boss' boss chimed in with, "Kind of like Frankenstein, he DID make a man." I chimed in about two seconds later with "With blond hair and a tan" and she cracked up. It's in one of the songs, I can't avoid it. I listened to it a lot yesterday and changed my MySpace pic to Tim Curry in drag to celebrate the occasion.
Once upon a time, Heather and I (and my hugely pregnant stomach) went to ACE to see it twice in one season. We adored it and I think we even let Jared tag along at one point.

Derek had fun trick or treating. We met up with some friends of his and walked with them for a good hour or so. His pumpkin is full of candy, and pictures were taken, so I'll have to upload them later. I took a little video too, cause the glowy eyes could not be captured with picture.
We let him walk up to the houses himself, standing at the end of driveways, until everyone started asking him if he was trick or treating alone. =( Not the impression I want to give anyone.
We hit up the haunted house in the neighborhood, some kids hung out outside, I did as well because those damn fog machines make my head hurt (I STILL woke up with a splitting headache) and I managed to scare some kids all on my own. I had my hoodie on, with my leather coat...I also happened to be holding Derek's scythe. So when these kids came up behind me, they could not tell what I was doing. All I heard was someone whisper, "Is that person real?" and then I scratched my nose and they all jumped a little. I was part of the haunted house for a moment at least. I wonder if those kids were telling other people about me thinking I was part of it and those other people were like...um no. LOL. That would be funny!
I guess they changed it a bit and it was scarier the day before? I don't know, but someone else said they saw it on the news. It's been happening for 3 years at least, so it must have been something else this year, or else a REALLY slow news day.
About halfway through, Derek gave up his hood, too hot and hard to see he said, then he gave up the glasses, and pretty soon he was just a kid in a robe. Oh well. It was worth a try. This strengthens my resolve to find a damn costume without a mask next year. He hates them and never wears them the whole time, so what good does it do?

We got home before 8:30 and had about...5 trick or treaters after that. The last group was hooligans in hockey masks, so we turned off the light after them.
I passed out at 10, missing South Park. We taped it, I just couldn't stay up any longer. I've taken to this really annoying habit of waking up at 2:30 in the morning and not being able to fall back asleep easily, add that to getting up early to get out of work early and all the walking and I was pooped. I slept until 8 this morning as Derek does not have school today or tomorrow, so no having to get up early! HURRAY!
Conference tomorrow though and I'm hoping it goes well. The kid seems to have reverted in terms of being able to keep his shit together when angry, so we'll see if it's the same at school or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.