At least it's already Thursday

I'm so freaking bored. Now mind you, there are things I could and should be doing, but today, TODAY! I did a check run AND the never ending, fucking difficult, completely thankless job of scheduling everyone. I've been glaring at it, and anyone in the general proximity of me, all week long. I'm pretty sure they are sick of it.
I'm fucking sick of it. I hate the fucking schedule.
I LIKE excel, I LIKE formatting it to be pretty, I even LIKE the way it figures things out on it's own. I can't explain the ridiculous functions put into place to make my schedule work, but I don't have to. Someone else made it and if I need to add, I merely copy and paste. It's hardly rocket science.

What I don't like (like usual) is the people. I don't like scheduling 18 people. It would seem like it would be easy, but only....about 9 of those are full time people, and 3 of those are people who are higher up and don't get scheduled for back up as much. 3 others have a definite function and must always be there for that, unless someone else, me or the talker usually, can cover it. Which we do. Everyone gets lunch people! Everyone on my watch! So that leaves 9 students. All of whom seem to have really similar schedules and can not cover the customer service area without large, gaping holes. Which I've been filling (not the best usage of my accounting time, but we are a team and a team makes it work). Turns out stupid whiny girl was good for something. If only to take up space.
It's rather frustrating, especially as we have this policy of being very lenient with students and the time they need for school. Some people more than likely take advantage of it. So, I can't tell someone when they will work. I can only request they work then and it doesn't always work out for the best.
It gets to a point where I want to just tell them to make their own schedule, since they do already.

And the devil exists only to make my life difficult. I'm pretty sure about that.
What kind of crap is that? I'm in the middle of something and all of the sudden she needs to know about something from December? I mean, SHIT, it's already over, apparently you missed it. Is it really that big of a deal now? Every so often she gets her mind made up to dabble in Accounting and check up on things. But from December? Who is she kidding? Is this life or death RIGHT NOW?
Last weekend she made me turn off my iPod so that people could count, or some such bullshit. Apparently, they need complete quiet.
Then, about ten minutes later, she actually asked me to be quieter. Apparently, I am not allowed to be somewhat jubilant that it was closing time. I was SO close to just SCREAMING on my way out the door. I can't believe I was "shushed".
When we went to the coast, I caught the tail end of "The Golden Child" and do you know that one scene at the end where the guy (devil) splits his own head open and out pops some disgusting looking devil-thing? That's all I can think about every time I look at her. I fully expect her head to split right where her bald spot starts.
It never does happen. It would be cool, but also freaky as hell.
Karina kept telling me that that guy was the devil, and I thought she was kidding, or just being like....well, he's evil, he's the devil, but he really WAS the fucking devil.
Very weird.

In short (ha ha right), I finished the ridiculously hard schedule that I was having such a hard time with, and did the check run somewhat early even. It's been a very accomplished day. Now I'm gonna crack on the game.
I was pulling all the top scores, and was THE top 10 in Ben and I's group, and then he started cheating. He doesn't call it cheating though, he read up on the forum and instead he is doing what they call "juggling", and sending pretty much most of the little creep guys from the beginning. He makes a really freaking complicated maze and then he moves on little piece so they have to turn around and go out the other way. In this manner, he pulls scores almost 600 points higher than mine. I can't compete. This is how he felt before he figured it out. Hands down, I am the better player overall. I have a good maze, I stick with it, varying only slightly. It works for me. He's trying to teach me how to do this damn juggling thing, but so far I am holding out.
Enough about my stupid game that no one really wants to hear about. I've become a little obsessed with it. To the point of worrying if I will end up like the talker and how much she plays evercrack. I've become convinced that's why she seems to get stupider every day. She doesn't drink or take drugs, so it's either that, or she is getting Alzheimer's way early in life. She knows she's losing her brain, but can't seem to do anything about it. Maybe she pops pills?
I pray I do not get to that point. Is it from accounting? Who even knows. Other accountants do not seem to have such a hard time with their memory.

Comments

Brandy said…
I like the Golden CHild :)
Good movie.
Very campy.

Eddie Murphy needed to die in it though.
SWSNBN said…
But the "love of his life" died. Isn't that better/worse?

Course, it wasn't forever or anything.
Just until they magically made her alive again. Very campy.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.