They won
Yesterday they won.
The people at my work, that is. Most of the time, I can just blow it off, or at least not get so worked up about it. Instead, she actually made me cry. Or I made me cry, or whatever is the case.
I was busy, working on getting the returns caught up, which I had not done in a while. It actually takes a REALLY long time from start to finish.
Not even completely finished, but close enough. The talker was working on matching said credits, but I guess someone downstairs needed to do a batch of invoices. And there were none, cause the person who does that was out Friday, and Monday.
Before that even, she snarked at me about not having anyone to help me cover lunch. What the hell does she care? It was my fault, and I was doing what I had to do to make it work. I tried to explain the Mondays are hard to schedule. She didn't really want an explanation, she only wanted to bitch. She really likes to do that. I put out the schedule before I finalize it to have everyone look over, and hopefully catch any problems. I am so good at the schedule that apparently, they do not bother to look hard.
So, I'm trying to get caught up, to an extent, and then work on the schedule that is due out....by SUNDAY. Plus, Friday is the beginning of the month and I have one day to get all the consignment stuff done, plus the rent. So I'm kind of panicked.
I figured yesterday would be a good day to finish the returns and then get the schedule out. I'm pretty sure I'll be hearing about that next, "When are we gonna have a schedule out?"
Whiny bitches.
Instead she suggested that I do the other person's work. Obviously, I DO NOT have enough to do and I should be helping out. Never mind that that particular person told me not to worry about anything until Tuesday, when she could help me. I think she likes having her files just so. So, one person is offering me to do her stuff and the other is warning me against doing it. Cause she likes to have it "just so".
When I tried to explain that I was doing this and that, and I still needed to do this, she looked at me and said "You're not the only one in the store."
I was dumbfounded, cause you know, obviously, I just suck ass and never offer help to anyone. I never take on extra work, I didn't just decide that I could do the schedule on top of everything else, I haven't ever helped with the invoices. NEVER.
I'm never helpful. Maybe I could be more helpful, but I swear, it gets to the point where it's like...well, if I keep helping other people, how can I get my own work done?
I'm not sure if she thought I should've done them on Friday, she is pretty good about bitching about stuff after the fact, when it does no good. Maybe if she'd said something then, I could've and it would have actually helped, as far as doing them yesterday, they did no one any good and she only succeeded in making me feel like crap. Today though, our awesome receptionist gave me some duck bucks (coffee money!) and the one who's work I ended up doing bought me a candy bar. An expensive one at that. The receptionist knew I was upset yesterday and she made sure I understood that she knows I do a lot, and that everyone knows I have more than enough to do. But that some women turn into old, bitter, witches.
She wrapped up the duck bucks in a piece of pretty pink paper that said.
"Desiree - This is to remind you that: As we women get older not all of us turn into the wicked witch - some of us are Glinda - You are an amazing person and a pleasure to know. =)"
Isn't she sweet? I hope all of you work with someone that awesome at least once in your life.
All in all, today has been better. I'm sad that it came down to crying at work, and I'm to the point where I kinda want to be a martyr about it.
She's always the one who offers me a ride home and to work when we work the same schedule. And now I don't even really want to get a ride with her. I'd rather ride the damn bus and I hate the bus. She's just so damn negative, definitely one of those glass is half empty kinda people.
I'm wishing and wishing that I don't turn into a bitter old woman. Like my mom, like this person at work, like too many people. Of course, the other side is that I might just be too oblivious to see what is going on and therefore would not be bitter. Like the talker, and I don't want to go that route either.
Some sort of happy medium would be nice. We'll see as I get older, I guess.
The people at my work, that is. Most of the time, I can just blow it off, or at least not get so worked up about it. Instead, she actually made me cry. Or I made me cry, or whatever is the case.
I was busy, working on getting the returns caught up, which I had not done in a while. It actually takes a REALLY long time from start to finish.
Not even completely finished, but close enough. The talker was working on matching said credits, but I guess someone downstairs needed to do a batch of invoices. And there were none, cause the person who does that was out Friday, and Monday.
Before that even, she snarked at me about not having anyone to help me cover lunch. What the hell does she care? It was my fault, and I was doing what I had to do to make it work. I tried to explain the Mondays are hard to schedule. She didn't really want an explanation, she only wanted to bitch. She really likes to do that. I put out the schedule before I finalize it to have everyone look over, and hopefully catch any problems. I am so good at the schedule that apparently, they do not bother to look hard.
So, I'm trying to get caught up, to an extent, and then work on the schedule that is due out....by SUNDAY. Plus, Friday is the beginning of the month and I have one day to get all the consignment stuff done, plus the rent. So I'm kind of panicked.
I figured yesterday would be a good day to finish the returns and then get the schedule out. I'm pretty sure I'll be hearing about that next, "When are we gonna have a schedule out?"
Whiny bitches.
Instead she suggested that I do the other person's work. Obviously, I DO NOT have enough to do and I should be helping out. Never mind that that particular person told me not to worry about anything until Tuesday, when she could help me. I think she likes having her files just so. So, one person is offering me to do her stuff and the other is warning me against doing it. Cause she likes to have it "just so".
When I tried to explain that I was doing this and that, and I still needed to do this, she looked at me and said "You're not the only one in the store."
I was dumbfounded, cause you know, obviously, I just suck ass and never offer help to anyone. I never take on extra work, I didn't just decide that I could do the schedule on top of everything else, I haven't ever helped with the invoices. NEVER.
I'm never helpful. Maybe I could be more helpful, but I swear, it gets to the point where it's like...well, if I keep helping other people, how can I get my own work done?
I'm not sure if she thought I should've done them on Friday, she is pretty good about bitching about stuff after the fact, when it does no good. Maybe if she'd said something then, I could've and it would have actually helped, as far as doing them yesterday, they did no one any good and she only succeeded in making me feel like crap. Today though, our awesome receptionist gave me some duck bucks (coffee money!) and the one who's work I ended up doing bought me a candy bar. An expensive one at that. The receptionist knew I was upset yesterday and she made sure I understood that she knows I do a lot, and that everyone knows I have more than enough to do. But that some women turn into old, bitter, witches.
She wrapped up the duck bucks in a piece of pretty pink paper that said.
"Desiree - This is to remind you that: As we women get older not all of us turn into the wicked witch - some of us are Glinda - You are an amazing person and a pleasure to know. =)"
Isn't she sweet? I hope all of you work with someone that awesome at least once in your life.
All in all, today has been better. I'm sad that it came down to crying at work, and I'm to the point where I kinda want to be a martyr about it.
She's always the one who offers me a ride home and to work when we work the same schedule. And now I don't even really want to get a ride with her. I'd rather ride the damn bus and I hate the bus. She's just so damn negative, definitely one of those glass is half empty kinda people.
I'm wishing and wishing that I don't turn into a bitter old woman. Like my mom, like this person at work, like too many people. Of course, the other side is that I might just be too oblivious to see what is going on and therefore would not be bitter. Like the talker, and I don't want to go that route either.
Some sort of happy medium would be nice. We'll see as I get older, I guess.
Comments