My Child
Last night, while watching Ben carve the pumpkin, I was screwing with my pony tail. It is so long it reaches over the top of my head and comes down over my eye.
Derek asked if he can have his hair over his eye.
I said..sure, grow your hair out this long and then your ponytail will reach over your eye. He says, well, why can't I just grow it out in the front and have it over one eye.
I cracked up laughing and said no. He says why?
I said...Cause that's SO emo. You can't do that.
And he looks at me and he goes.....it would be "goth".
I said..yes, Emo is the goth kids who have it wrong. (thanks for the definition, Karina)
He's like what? And I tried to explain that no, he can't be goth. You have to have been a teenager for at LEAST a year before you can be goth. I told him you have to be 14.
(I'm mean)
I just didn't expect my not quite 9 year old to be talking about how he could be goth. And I had to restrain myself from calling Jake and telling him that his son already would like to follow in his foot steps.
He's not as bad now. He even wears TENNIS SHOES! *gasp*
And Hawaiian-type shirts with COLOR!
But once upon a time he wore his BLACK boots, and the black trench coat in the summer. He almost passed out from heat stroke at least once.
But you just couldn't get him out of the black.
At least not then. Apparently, he's less "goth" or "emo" or whatever you want to call him now. More "normal", if you can call Jake normal.
This SAME night, we had Pasta-Roni as part of dinner and Derek made a BIG deal out of having the same amount that Ben and I had.
Then he ate...oh..maybe 3 bites.
I was offended and told him that I wouldn't eaten that if it didn't have his slobber all over it.
He said..but don't I give you a kiss at night? Doesn't that mean we share germs? And I said..yes, but you don't SPIT in my mouth. It's different.
He looks at me and he says....I heard, that in France, people put their TONGUES in each others mouths.
I almost DIED laughing and then I explained that it's called French kissing and that not only people in France did it.
He's just too funny sometimes. Mostly unintentional.
Derek asked if he can have his hair over his eye.
I said..sure, grow your hair out this long and then your ponytail will reach over your eye. He says, well, why can't I just grow it out in the front and have it over one eye.
I cracked up laughing and said no. He says why?
I said...Cause that's SO emo. You can't do that.
And he looks at me and he goes.....it would be "goth".
I said..yes, Emo is the goth kids who have it wrong. (thanks for the definition, Karina)
He's like what? And I tried to explain that no, he can't be goth. You have to have been a teenager for at LEAST a year before you can be goth. I told him you have to be 14.
(I'm mean)
I just didn't expect my not quite 9 year old to be talking about how he could be goth. And I had to restrain myself from calling Jake and telling him that his son already would like to follow in his foot steps.
He's not as bad now. He even wears TENNIS SHOES! *gasp*
And Hawaiian-type shirts with COLOR!
But once upon a time he wore his BLACK boots, and the black trench coat in the summer. He almost passed out from heat stroke at least once.
But you just couldn't get him out of the black.
At least not then. Apparently, he's less "goth" or "emo" or whatever you want to call him now. More "normal", if you can call Jake normal.
This SAME night, we had Pasta-Roni as part of dinner and Derek made a BIG deal out of having the same amount that Ben and I had.
Then he ate...oh..maybe 3 bites.
I was offended and told him that I wouldn't eaten that if it didn't have his slobber all over it.
He said..but don't I give you a kiss at night? Doesn't that mean we share germs? And I said..yes, but you don't SPIT in my mouth. It's different.
He looks at me and he says....I heard, that in France, people put their TONGUES in each others mouths.
I almost DIED laughing and then I explained that it's called French kissing and that not only people in France did it.
He's just too funny sometimes. Mostly unintentional.
Comments