Morning walk
This is what I do for most of the mornings of the year. I get up and get ready and get the kid out the door. We walk to school together. The other day, I figured I would bring my camera with me.

THIS could very well be the CUTEST picture I've ever taken. I looked over and Derek was trying to read his book and cross the street. Safe? No, but at least I was with him. If he thinks he can EVER walk to school alone, he's gonna be hating me. =)
Anyhow, we hadn't stepped off the curb yet and I saw this...and I think my heart melted just a little. I try to walk and read at work. Inside, and never while crossing a street, but this is SO my nature that it just amazed me. He's constantly doing things that remind me of his dad and this just made my day.
(Incidentally, I DID make him stop reading right after I took this picture)

The book in question. The kid BEGGED me to take a picture, cause he ALWAYS wanted to remember THAT book. I ordered the first two for him.

Off in the distance. This is the route we take. Straight down the street. It's a pretty little walk.

This is an example of how A.D.D I am sometimes....all of the sudden, I was like...OOOOO! A CAT! I must have a picture of the CAT.

Turning the corner....not as cute, but not bad for fifth street being right there. The 20 MPH all day limit really cuts down on the traffic. Not in the morning, unfortunately. Not sure if they are just ALL taking their kids to work, or if they don't realize that they could take another route and not have to bend to the whims of the cross light button pushers. Cause I'm a MEAN button pusher.

After the crossing, it looks pretty for a moment again, right before you come up on the apartments. Nothing kills the neighborhood like dinky looking apartments. Meh.

This is right around the corner, you can see those apartments right over that fence there.

THIS is the boy's school. It's pretty cute. =)

The kid walking off into the distance....no, I AM the type to take my kid RIGHT up to the front door, I just let him get a little ahead, so I could snap this shot.
CAN YOU TELL HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CAMERA??
I've taken quite a few more pictures since I've gotten it than I would have.
New toys are FUN.

THIS could very well be the CUTEST picture I've ever taken. I looked over and Derek was trying to read his book and cross the street. Safe? No, but at least I was with him. If he thinks he can EVER walk to school alone, he's gonna be hating me. =)
Anyhow, we hadn't stepped off the curb yet and I saw this...and I think my heart melted just a little. I try to walk and read at work. Inside, and never while crossing a street, but this is SO my nature that it just amazed me. He's constantly doing things that remind me of his dad and this just made my day.
(Incidentally, I DID make him stop reading right after I took this picture)

The book in question. The kid BEGGED me to take a picture, cause he ALWAYS wanted to remember THAT book. I ordered the first two for him.

Off in the distance. This is the route we take. Straight down the street. It's a pretty little walk.

This is an example of how A.D.D I am sometimes....all of the sudden, I was like...OOOOO! A CAT! I must have a picture of the CAT.

Turning the corner....not as cute, but not bad for fifth street being right there. The 20 MPH all day limit really cuts down on the traffic. Not in the morning, unfortunately. Not sure if they are just ALL taking their kids to work, or if they don't realize that they could take another route and not have to bend to the whims of the cross light button pushers. Cause I'm a MEAN button pusher.

After the crossing, it looks pretty for a moment again, right before you come up on the apartments. Nothing kills the neighborhood like dinky looking apartments. Meh.

This is right around the corner, you can see those apartments right over that fence there.

THIS is the boy's school. It's pretty cute. =)

The kid walking off into the distance....no, I AM the type to take my kid RIGHT up to the front door, I just let him get a little ahead, so I could snap this shot.
CAN YOU TELL HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CAMERA??
I've taken quite a few more pictures since I've gotten it than I would have.
New toys are FUN.
Comments
if I ever want to stalk you or the kid on his way to school now i'll know how! *grin*
ooh a cat, FLUFFY!
=)
Also, yeah, I'm SO worried about it.
I'm sure you'll skip work to come follow me. =)