The Sun'll Come Up Tomorrow!


This no alcohol thing ends tomorrow! I won’t lie, I’m excited to go home and have A rum and coke or something. I’m gonna save my drinking time for birthday more. But it’s been an uphill battle this week. Everyone seems to be driving me crazy at work. Yes, it’s merely an excuse as work mom pointed out, but I don’t really care right now.

I’m glad to know I can go without drinking, but I’m also glad that I don’t have to all the time.

As for the rest of it….I bought way more fruits and veggies than I ever have yesterday and am currently munching away on cherries. SO GOOD. Prior to this whole doctor mess I had been thinking that perhaps I should be eating at least a little better. Everything with all that fat? And the processed stuff? I’m not saying I won’t eat it ever again, especially in a pinch, but I much prefer a baked potato to mashed potatoes from a box.
This just seems to be the kick in the pants I needed, and now B can’t moan and groan about having to cook more complicated things. I am helping when I can, but since he is home all the time….well. Super excited to try out a broccoli recipe tonight with pork chops. And I already have a walking date when I get home with the lovely neighbor. I’m glad I don’t hate vegetables. I don’t know, maybe the never eating them as a child means I appreciate them now?
Friday is birthday fun at my house. Coast trip during the day, people over…though no idea how many. Gonna do pizza from Papa Murphy’s, maybe get out some of my greens and throw together a salad as I still have some bleu cheese (Thanks Ariel!) and I bought vinaigrette instead of ranch. Plus I got garbanzo beans and kidney beans. And watermelon! Cause I have a huge watermelon. Drinking, music, merriment, and food for people. What more can anyone ask for?

P.S. YAY for birthday in two days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.