What happened next?
I took so long to get back to this, but since the child is here and I can't watch my horror movies or porn now is as good a time as any.
I ran away from home. I ended up gravitating towards campus after Heather introduced me to Julie and I realized that campus rarely sleeps. All the better for my running away endeavors.
Not sleeping meant not having to find the place to sleep.
I developed about 3 crushes simultaneously and ALL of them had crushes on Julie. I started to like her a little less, because I am a mere girl and unable to deal with girls who rock so much more than me. At least in direct competition.
I met Joi somehow. Joi with an I as she always said. People thought she was a slut, but I loved her. Maybe she was a slut, but what the fuck did it really matter? She wasn't hurting anyone.
One night after she was done working (she washed dishes at the Glenwood and often didn't get off work until 2 or 3 in the morning) she suggested we head out to the hot springs. I was up for anything, I didn't have a place to stay that night and if we went out that meant eventually we'd end up back at her house and I could at least nap there.
That first time we headed out just the two of us. We went skinny dipping (well, I was too embarrassed of my fat. I went in with a t shirt.) and hung out with a few other random people.
The next time she wanted to go to the hot springs, she suggested we pick up a boy on the way out there.
We found Josh wandering around. He'd recently shown up on campus and while older than I, he was also homeless. We called him Charlie Brown. Did he look like Charlie Brown? No. He was about as tall as me, a little on the lean side, brown hair...super nice guy. Cute, but not one of the guys I developed a crush on.
This night, however, something seemed to click.
Joi found a boy she liked and I ended up making out with Josh. More than making out with Josh. Maybe..now I can't quite remember if we went all the way. I kind of feel like we just made out, cause hot springs aren't exactly good for condoms and Josh was ALWAYS good about that.
The boy was sensible and nice and sweet. All things I never fell for, but we seemed to fall into a friends with benefits thing.
So if it wasn't that time, it was soon after. And repeatedly. Josh and I would find different places where we could sleep outside, like the back of the EMU, a parking garage, David's car.
I was extremely comfortable with him and we never really were boyfriend and girlfriend, but I slept with him the most out of anyone I'd slept with before. One night on the back of the EMU we lost the condom and he had to go find it. All things I probably would have been mortified admitting to any of my hardcore crushes, but something he was both willing to do and laughed about. We threw that condom off to the side, almost hitting Heather (which I didn't realize until she woke up and found it next to her and gave me crap about it repeatedly.).
One time we took a whole troop up to the hot springs, two car loads. We played truth or dare. A game which I abhorred. But I agreed to take one turn. The dare? I had to kiss everyone close to me in the dark and guess who they were.
Joi I guessed by the clove cigarettes.
Alder I guess because he had a beard and I happened to feel his face while kissing. The only other boy with a beard? Josh, who I happened to be straddling, so I KNEW where he was.
Another time we were sleeping or at least visiting David's car in the Sacred Heart parking lot. We had gotten some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream and decided that would be cool to use on each other and lick off. It melts pretty quick though and wasn't as fun as we thought. I can't eat that ice cream without thinking about him.
He was interwoven with other boys. Because he was so dependable, I'd fall back on him for different reasons and he never seemed to mind even though he had to know that I was falling into my sluttier phase. It's not like campus was a place of secrets.
(I have to say that I need to consult my diary at this point to make sure I don't start getting these boys out of order. I used to be able to name them and how many times, but that was a long time ago now.)
I still wonder what happened to him. He flirted with Heather at one point or another and she told me about it. I wasn't jealous as we weren't involved, nor had we even slept together recently. I was just kind of sad and resolved that it was the end of our flings. He had a place to live, we didn't fall back on each other with any sort of regularity anymore...and then he just kind of disappeared. I often wonder what happened to him, but in all my craziness as a teenager, I don't remember EVER getting his last name, so I'll never find him on facebook. I remembered Joi's last name and I've found her, even though she married and changed it in the meantime. I only know his first name and Charlie Brown, which we always called him instead.
I miss him sometimes. He was calm, smart, nice, a predecessor to Ben. Nothing I ever seemed to crush on. =(
Like a stupid, stupid teenager.
I ran away from home. I ended up gravitating towards campus after Heather introduced me to Julie and I realized that campus rarely sleeps. All the better for my running away endeavors.
Not sleeping meant not having to find the place to sleep.
I developed about 3 crushes simultaneously and ALL of them had crushes on Julie. I started to like her a little less, because I am a mere girl and unable to deal with girls who rock so much more than me. At least in direct competition.
I met Joi somehow. Joi with an I as she always said. People thought she was a slut, but I loved her. Maybe she was a slut, but what the fuck did it really matter? She wasn't hurting anyone.
One night after she was done working (she washed dishes at the Glenwood and often didn't get off work until 2 or 3 in the morning) she suggested we head out to the hot springs. I was up for anything, I didn't have a place to stay that night and if we went out that meant eventually we'd end up back at her house and I could at least nap there.
That first time we headed out just the two of us. We went skinny dipping (well, I was too embarrassed of my fat. I went in with a t shirt.) and hung out with a few other random people.
The next time she wanted to go to the hot springs, she suggested we pick up a boy on the way out there.
We found Josh wandering around. He'd recently shown up on campus and while older than I, he was also homeless. We called him Charlie Brown. Did he look like Charlie Brown? No. He was about as tall as me, a little on the lean side, brown hair...super nice guy. Cute, but not one of the guys I developed a crush on.
This night, however, something seemed to click.
Joi found a boy she liked and I ended up making out with Josh. More than making out with Josh. Maybe..now I can't quite remember if we went all the way. I kind of feel like we just made out, cause hot springs aren't exactly good for condoms and Josh was ALWAYS good about that.
The boy was sensible and nice and sweet. All things I never fell for, but we seemed to fall into a friends with benefits thing.
So if it wasn't that time, it was soon after. And repeatedly. Josh and I would find different places where we could sleep outside, like the back of the EMU, a parking garage, David's car.
I was extremely comfortable with him and we never really were boyfriend and girlfriend, but I slept with him the most out of anyone I'd slept with before. One night on the back of the EMU we lost the condom and he had to go find it. All things I probably would have been mortified admitting to any of my hardcore crushes, but something he was both willing to do and laughed about. We threw that condom off to the side, almost hitting Heather (which I didn't realize until she woke up and found it next to her and gave me crap about it repeatedly.).
One time we took a whole troop up to the hot springs, two car loads. We played truth or dare. A game which I abhorred. But I agreed to take one turn. The dare? I had to kiss everyone close to me in the dark and guess who they were.
Joi I guessed by the clove cigarettes.
Alder I guess because he had a beard and I happened to feel his face while kissing. The only other boy with a beard? Josh, who I happened to be straddling, so I KNEW where he was.
Another time we were sleeping or at least visiting David's car in the Sacred Heart parking lot. We had gotten some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream and decided that would be cool to use on each other and lick off. It melts pretty quick though and wasn't as fun as we thought. I can't eat that ice cream without thinking about him.
He was interwoven with other boys. Because he was so dependable, I'd fall back on him for different reasons and he never seemed to mind even though he had to know that I was falling into my sluttier phase. It's not like campus was a place of secrets.
(I have to say that I need to consult my diary at this point to make sure I don't start getting these boys out of order. I used to be able to name them and how many times, but that was a long time ago now.)
I still wonder what happened to him. He flirted with Heather at one point or another and she told me about it. I wasn't jealous as we weren't involved, nor had we even slept together recently. I was just kind of sad and resolved that it was the end of our flings. He had a place to live, we didn't fall back on each other with any sort of regularity anymore...and then he just kind of disappeared. I often wonder what happened to him, but in all my craziness as a teenager, I don't remember EVER getting his last name, so I'll never find him on facebook. I remembered Joi's last name and I've found her, even though she married and changed it in the meantime. I only know his first name and Charlie Brown, which we always called him instead.
I miss him sometimes. He was calm, smart, nice, a predecessor to Ben. Nothing I ever seemed to crush on. =(
Like a stupid, stupid teenager.
Comments