My 14th summer

After moving here to Oregon, we moved around a lot. Didn't give me a whole lot of time to develop crazy crushes on boys.
I started to get one halfway through my 8th grade year, but it was pretty obvious he didn't have any idea that I existed. So off I went on summer vacation where we spent many days at Monroe Park.
They had free lunch and my mom could get all of us kids out of the house. I was, of course, the babysitter and spent at least part of most of these days trying to explain to my little brother that catching bees in his leftover food cups was a bad idea. I don't know how many times he was stung that summer. Luckily, he did not appear to be allergic. I accidentally stepped on one and my foot swelled up to the size of a baseball. To this day, that is the ONLY bee I've ever been stung by.

One of these days, I met a boy who was also bringing his siblings along and we decided we were "going out"..which meant a tiny bit of hand holding. It didn't take me long to realize that he was kind of lame. Older than me but hanging out with us still? We broke up..I guess..that part is unclear..however I DO remember trying to swing and him throwing sand at myself and my friend. I was LIVID. You don't screw with my friends...EVER.

Days later while hanging out with his little brother, we decided we were going out. I was 14, Jason was 13....and while not quite as immature as his OLDER brother (sand throwing?) he was still pretty immature.
At this point though, all the older kids had paired off and it became something of a status symbol to be a couple.
So I decided that it would be ok to stay with him, at least over the summer.

We would hold hands, smoke the cigarettes I'd smuggled, open mouth kiss (which was shocking to me! I was like..MAYBE this is french kissing?) no tongues..and just general young kid stuff.
I'm not stupid, I knew the mechanics of sex and way too much for a kid my age overall, but not enough about kissing.
Once we started the conversations about french kissing and I realized that I WASN'T, I developed another slight complex. Maybe I had bad breath? (Never mind that maybe he didn't know any more than me, being younger)

We broke up during the Lane County Fair that year. He went with my sisters and me and rode all the little kid rides that he was still short enough for while I was already too tall.
I ran into a friend from Middle School while there, Travis. Someone who'd made me laugh repeatedly with Beavis and Butthead impressions. Not a guy who I thought of as cute, but good company.
My sisters and I started riding rides with him since he was being agreeable.

After one of the rides, Jason came over and was like...well, I GUESS you're going out with HIM now..and I was like..I GUESS I AM.

Don't ever make an assumption out loud to my face. I will just go along with your assumptions to be an asshole. Why not?
I went to the fair with one boyfriend, came home with another. What a hussy.

I spoke with him a few times and then it kind of fizzled out. Like I said I hadn't thought of him as cute, so I kind of stopped returning his calls cause I'm a bitch.

The guy went on to become SUPER CUTE and play football. Goes to show what I know. I can't even be friends with him now since I was such a bitch to him then.

Hindsight and all that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.