Ugh, can this week be over yet?
It's ONLY Tuesday. How is that even possible? It feels like it's been a week and I just want it to be the weekend.
My kid's week hasn't even started as school was out AGAIN today. I kept my word, I am not being too pissed by this. He better be careful going outside though. It's slippery. I had a moment where one foot slipped, but then it was ok.
Baby steps, I must look like a moron while walking so slowly and deliberately. The thing is, I tend to fall down for no reason. I can't imagine how it would work if I have a reason to fall down.
So far, so good.
"California Dreaming" came on my iPod on the walk. It's fitting and I don't even LIKE California. I'm wearing Ben's socks in the hopes that my feet will be warmer. And the sun being out is nice. I hope it means things melt and dry up, though it's probably too much to expect. Instead, we'll probably still be icy tomorrow. And more snow is in the forecast. Did I mention I hate snow?
Still do. I suppose I should be nice. It's pretty for like ten seconds, and then it gets brown and slushy and full of suck. And no one loves it then. Besides people who want to make snowballs with slushy, dirty snow.
For some reason this week is just harder to say..well, at least it's Tuesday and not Monday. And after tomorrow I'm more than halfway done, but it really doesn't matter. Instead the week is stretching out interminably before me.
Derek leaves for Portland on Sunday, weather permitting. He'll be gone until Jan. 2nd at the earliest. He'd like to be home to see Mina (weather permitting AGAIN. Asshole weather) and I can't blame him for that.
ACK. GD Weather.com says we won't have "normal" weather until Christmas, when it will shoot back up to 45 degrees. 29 for today, not much hope of melting. And more snow tomorrow.
That's it. I'm packing up and moving to Hawaii. Or Guam. Guam doesn't have volcanoes. Or maybe they do. I don't really know.
My kid's week hasn't even started as school was out AGAIN today. I kept my word, I am not being too pissed by this. He better be careful going outside though. It's slippery. I had a moment where one foot slipped, but then it was ok.
Baby steps, I must look like a moron while walking so slowly and deliberately. The thing is, I tend to fall down for no reason. I can't imagine how it would work if I have a reason to fall down.
So far, so good.
"California Dreaming" came on my iPod on the walk. It's fitting and I don't even LIKE California. I'm wearing Ben's socks in the hopes that my feet will be warmer. And the sun being out is nice. I hope it means things melt and dry up, though it's probably too much to expect. Instead, we'll probably still be icy tomorrow. And more snow is in the forecast. Did I mention I hate snow?
Still do. I suppose I should be nice. It's pretty for like ten seconds, and then it gets brown and slushy and full of suck. And no one loves it then. Besides people who want to make snowballs with slushy, dirty snow.
For some reason this week is just harder to say..well, at least it's Tuesday and not Monday. And after tomorrow I'm more than halfway done, but it really doesn't matter. Instead the week is stretching out interminably before me.
Derek leaves for Portland on Sunday, weather permitting. He'll be gone until Jan. 2nd at the earliest. He'd like to be home to see Mina (weather permitting AGAIN. Asshole weather) and I can't blame him for that.
ACK. GD Weather.com says we won't have "normal" weather until Christmas, when it will shoot back up to 45 degrees. 29 for today, not much hope of melting. And more snow tomorrow.
That's it. I'm packing up and moving to Hawaii. Or Guam. Guam doesn't have volcanoes. Or maybe they do. I don't really know.
Comments