"Lordy, lordy, lordy, I can’t help it, I like to party…it’s genetic, it’s electrifying"
"Wind
me up and watch me go. Where she
stops, nobody knows, a good excuse to be a bad influence on you."
That Pink song is me to a tee. I have
problems holding back. It’s not worth doing, if it’s not worth doing well,
right?
Let’s see.
One day weekends suck. At least I got some
sex in there.
My thoughts today? I should probably
be checking my blood pressure, but I keep waking up and being like…eh..not
today. I know from my last doctor’s visit for birth control that it was still up.
I should also be weighing myself, but after the initial “oooh shiny” new thing
moment and the bad news, I just haven’t cared. I am LOVING the depo again. So
happy not to have to remember a pill anymore. And no more spotting. Happy days
are here again!
I’m still doing things. I’m walking
home 4/5 days pretty consistently. And using the weekend to walk more. For 3
weeks now, I’ve walked for over 300 minutes each week. My thighs are a bit
chafed sadly……but no pain, no gain?
I’m still eating far less processed
foods and without even really meaning to, we are eating so much more chicken
than red meat lately. You know, with some bacon thrown in for good measure.
I wish it was making a difference in
any of my numbers though. So today maybe I will just write down what has
changed.
1. I am less tired.
2. It’s not as hard to walk as it once
was and my feet don’t hurt as much anymore.
3. Veggies and fruits are equaling so
much less heartburn for me.
4. I feel like my pants are looser,
but without weight loss I’m not trusting my feelings.
5. When I see my reflection (clothed)
in a window, I think….huh. I do look like I have less chunk in the front. When
I’m naked though, I don’t see any difference. Meh.
That’s 5 things that at least make me
feel a little better even if I’m not getting the drastic results I thought I
would. I’ve made pretty drastic changes for me.
Maybe this weekend will be the day to
step back on the scale, or at least check my bp. I’m maybe less discouraged by
all this at least? And when I get upset, I find that I want to walk it out.
Which would be great if I didn’t get upset after it was dark. People were already
like…really, you’re gonna walk home after 7? Yes, I am. On the bike path. It’ll
still be light until I hit Coburg road where I will be safe. Tomorrow I go back
to 8-5 so it won’t be as much of an issue. I’m looking forward to it being
cooler so I won’t sweat so damn much. I’m sick of being moist all the time.
When/if I get back onto a 10-7 shift
regularly, maybe I’ll walk to work. Or maybe that’s when I really go ahead with
the gym membership thing. Though today I was ogling a Groupon deal for a stationary
bike, I could watch TV and bike to my heart’s content!
My plans this week? Walking home,
tomorrow is shopping, Wednesday is potential walking with Angie and another
girl I don’t know..no idea where…Thursday might be my free day. It’s gonna be
hot and I find I hate it more when it’s really hot. Friday will be walking home
and then…fun. A real weekend! HURRAY.
Maybe IHOP in there since I have a
coupon and I feel okay about eating it when a. I don’t finish my whole meal in
one sitting, leftovers are a good thing! Something else I’ve learned recently. And
b. I walk there and back. I totally deserve that breakfast after I’ve walked to
IHOP from my house, easily an hour walk.
Well….that’s where I’m at. Still a
broken record about trying to be healthier, still probably annoying the hell
out of people.
I’m also missing my neighbors more
lately. Seems like every time we plan shenanigans, the world stops our plans.
Don’t get me wrong, I usually get at least one day with either of them, but
rarely do we all end up in the same place at the same time. I miss that. If
only I could win the lottery and we didn’t have to work anymore.
Oh yeah. Sunday is a wedding
reception. You can guess how well that’s gonna end for Ben. I’m sure he’s
THRILLED. I’ve already been asking him why he looks irritated and dwelling on
why I’m unmarriable. If you hear an explosion Sunday night, that’s my head.
Finally releasing it’s steam.
OH YEAH. Also, I get to be at the reception with Ali, Ben's ex. The one who friended me on facebook and then dumped me after I agreed.
OH YEAH. Also, I get to be at the reception with Ali, Ben's ex. The one who friended me on facebook and then dumped me after I agreed.
Comments