When do I give up and stop updating this blog?
Yes, I'm playing catch up again. I'm sorry. If anyone even reads this. I think Ariel is the only one, everyone else reads MySpace. I got SUCKED into MySpace. And Twitter too. lol.
Tuesday, Oct. 21st
Title:Rhea - crazy ex neighbor.
She looks less crazy on the bus. Besides the VERY orange plaid capris and the rainbow knit hat.
Ok, so she LOOKS more crazy now, but she's always so nice on the bus to other people and I sit far away and watch her and wait for the crazy.
I believe she is bi-polar. Up one minute, friendly, nice, and then angry and screaming the next.
My favorite experience with her? Well, my favorite story at least..
Jake and I were at the house alone, I believe.
She came upstairs and we'd already drawn some sort of battle lines apparently, cause she brought up a Zima and slurred that it was a peace offering.
Drunk and crazy, oh good.
I made small talk, wondering why she'd decided to not be so damn angry that we lived above her and were so loud, by LIVING, that we pissed her off at least weekly.
I've since wondered if she didn't do that so we would go down and talk to her. Perhaps she was lonely?
Jake just kind of watched all of this unfold. All of the sudden we went from normal small talk to our roommate's cats and how they pissed her off. I got uncomfortable and told her she'd have to talk with them about the cats, as they were not mine.
We jumped from the subject of the cats to babies.
Then quickly we went straight to a topic that made me rather more uncomfortable, teen pregnancy.
Many of you are aware that I was 17 when Derek was born, 16 when I got pregnant. (That seems INSANE to me now, being 28, that someone who was 16 could actually make that kind of decision. I always was different though and I think I've made the best of what could have been a shitty situation.)
She brought this up, and either knew how old I was, or maybe my face said something cause then she says..how old are you? And I replied. She was not embarrassed, she did not look like she was sorry for saying such things to me, and it was about that time that I excused myself and my child from the room.
When she asked Jake, he did that thing that is so irritating when you are on the other side of it...he brushed her off and said he was "old enough".
When she couldn't get him to tell her how old he was, she left the house, slamming the door in the process. Jake proceeded to lean out the sliding glass door and shout at her not to slam the damn door.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of pounding followed.
That was her other thing. She'd come home and decide we were being too loud and run around her house banging on the walls. One night we all just sat in the living room scared to move. Worried we'd piss her off more.
The landlord got many drunken calls from her, and he always took into account that she was being unreasonable, but we still didn't need that kind of reputation, the kind of being the "loud teenage neighbors".
One night she got mad because Ben was warming up his car before he went to the store, so she started banging around and I went downstairs and hollered at her and then started crying, cause that's what I do. Suddenly, I had a woman hugging me who's head came to about my chest. She invited me in, and I went in the hopes of making her less pissed off about us shutting cupboards "too loudly".
I don't think it worked. We didn't become best friends, and I still regard her very warily when I see her on the bus.
I've never had another neighbor quite as crazy as her.
-----------
YAY, RHPS is a definite at this point!
I even printed out the tickets and now have them in my hot little hand. Heh. =)
Also, today is Breast Cancer Awareness day, so BE AWARE. Heh.
Wear pink, like me. Like half the people at my work. Like Molly Ringwald. =)
----------------------------------------
Sunday, Oct. 19th
Title:My kid has become that kid..
The one who rides around the neighborhood on his bike endlessly.
I'm trying to deal with it and chill out about it. He checks in regularly, he hasn't done anything stupid (that I KNOW about) and he is having fun.
Fostering independence.
I had a whole long great post, but I hit cancel like a moron and now I refuse to retype all of that.
A week and a half ago I fell down right in front of creepy ex, and my ego is bruised! He merely looked on while I was floundering like a moron. I would only ask that if I'd had sex with you, please at least inquire as to if I am ok when I do something stupid and fall down in front of you. It's not that much really.
Stupid MySpace cancel button. I liked my first post better.
----------------------------------------
Thursday, Oct. 16th
Title: I’ve been seriously remiss.
No blogging lately. It's been a busy week.
I got home from the relaxing hot tub on Friday only to be confronted with mail from the "Springfield Justice Dept". Ick.
More stuff about Jake, like usual.
Even though they aren't going to cover Derek's medical anymore, they may still want to help me with child support.
Two things here:
1. I never asked for help with child support, indeed I stated I did not need help collecting it way back when. They agreed on the condition that Jake would provide health insurance when he could. Which he did. Done.
I don't see the need to screw Jake. Sure, I could use an extra 300 a month which seems to be the going rate for child support, but I get by with what he does send. Why would I make it harder on him? He has a family to support. Yes, they probably do have more household income.
Maybe I'm just a sucker?
2. To reiterate, I do not want to screw Jake. We work right now, everyone is happy.
So, they'd like to have me sign a piece of paper stating that I do not want their help, and that they may still go after him if they feel that the state is owed money. The only thing I'm iffy about is that it says when I sign it, I cannot claim any back support up to that date on the paper.
What if I change my mind later?
Meh.
I'm having a dilemma here. I can see both sides. If anyone has any sort of opinion, let me know. Opinions of Jake aside, ok?
I know some of my friends think less than favorably of him.
Tuesday, Oct. 21st
Title:Rhea - crazy ex neighbor.
She looks less crazy on the bus. Besides the VERY orange plaid capris and the rainbow knit hat.
Ok, so she LOOKS more crazy now, but she's always so nice on the bus to other people and I sit far away and watch her and wait for the crazy.
I believe she is bi-polar. Up one minute, friendly, nice, and then angry and screaming the next.
My favorite experience with her? Well, my favorite story at least..
Jake and I were at the house alone, I believe.
She came upstairs and we'd already drawn some sort of battle lines apparently, cause she brought up a Zima and slurred that it was a peace offering.
Drunk and crazy, oh good.
I made small talk, wondering why she'd decided to not be so damn angry that we lived above her and were so loud, by LIVING, that we pissed her off at least weekly.
I've since wondered if she didn't do that so we would go down and talk to her. Perhaps she was lonely?
Jake just kind of watched all of this unfold. All of the sudden we went from normal small talk to our roommate's cats and how they pissed her off. I got uncomfortable and told her she'd have to talk with them about the cats, as they were not mine.
We jumped from the subject of the cats to babies.
Then quickly we went straight to a topic that made me rather more uncomfortable, teen pregnancy.
Many of you are aware that I was 17 when Derek was born, 16 when I got pregnant. (That seems INSANE to me now, being 28, that someone who was 16 could actually make that kind of decision. I always was different though and I think I've made the best of what could have been a shitty situation.)
She brought this up, and either knew how old I was, or maybe my face said something cause then she says..how old are you? And I replied. She was not embarrassed, she did not look like she was sorry for saying such things to me, and it was about that time that I excused myself and my child from the room.
When she asked Jake, he did that thing that is so irritating when you are on the other side of it...he brushed her off and said he was "old enough".
When she couldn't get him to tell her how old he was, she left the house, slamming the door in the process. Jake proceeded to lean out the sliding glass door and shout at her not to slam the damn door.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of pounding followed.
That was her other thing. She'd come home and decide we were being too loud and run around her house banging on the walls. One night we all just sat in the living room scared to move. Worried we'd piss her off more.
The landlord got many drunken calls from her, and he always took into account that she was being unreasonable, but we still didn't need that kind of reputation, the kind of being the "loud teenage neighbors".
One night she got mad because Ben was warming up his car before he went to the store, so she started banging around and I went downstairs and hollered at her and then started crying, cause that's what I do. Suddenly, I had a woman hugging me who's head came to about my chest. She invited me in, and I went in the hopes of making her less pissed off about us shutting cupboards "too loudly".
I don't think it worked. We didn't become best friends, and I still regard her very warily when I see her on the bus.
I've never had another neighbor quite as crazy as her.
-----------
YAY, RHPS is a definite at this point!
I even printed out the tickets and now have them in my hot little hand. Heh. =)
Also, today is Breast Cancer Awareness day, so BE AWARE. Heh.
Wear pink, like me. Like half the people at my work. Like Molly Ringwald. =)
----------------------------------------
Sunday, Oct. 19th
Title:My kid has become that kid..
The one who rides around the neighborhood on his bike endlessly.
I'm trying to deal with it and chill out about it. He checks in regularly, he hasn't done anything stupid (that I KNOW about) and he is having fun.
Fostering independence.
I had a whole long great post, but I hit cancel like a moron and now I refuse to retype all of that.
A week and a half ago I fell down right in front of creepy ex, and my ego is bruised! He merely looked on while I was floundering like a moron. I would only ask that if I'd had sex with you, please at least inquire as to if I am ok when I do something stupid and fall down in front of you. It's not that much really.
Stupid MySpace cancel button. I liked my first post better.
----------------------------------------
Thursday, Oct. 16th
Title: I’ve been seriously remiss.
No blogging lately. It's been a busy week.
I got home from the relaxing hot tub on Friday only to be confronted with mail from the "Springfield Justice Dept". Ick.
More stuff about Jake, like usual.
Even though they aren't going to cover Derek's medical anymore, they may still want to help me with child support.
Two things here:
1. I never asked for help with child support, indeed I stated I did not need help collecting it way back when. They agreed on the condition that Jake would provide health insurance when he could. Which he did. Done.
I don't see the need to screw Jake. Sure, I could use an extra 300 a month which seems to be the going rate for child support, but I get by with what he does send. Why would I make it harder on him? He has a family to support. Yes, they probably do have more household income.
Maybe I'm just a sucker?
2. To reiterate, I do not want to screw Jake. We work right now, everyone is happy.
So, they'd like to have me sign a piece of paper stating that I do not want their help, and that they may still go after him if they feel that the state is owed money. The only thing I'm iffy about is that it says when I sign it, I cannot claim any back support up to that date on the paper.
What if I change my mind later?
Meh.
I'm having a dilemma here. I can see both sides. If anyone has any sort of opinion, let me know. Opinions of Jake aside, ok?
I know some of my friends think less than favorably of him.
Comments