Time for my infamous catch up blogs.

Wednesday, October 8th
So tired, but must update‏

I always need a day to FREAK out. Once I get my freak out out of my system, I feel better.
Cause you know what? I've gotten through so much in my life, like this dental insurance thing will be the thing that makes me lose it.

No, it won't. Onward and upward. One way or another I'll make do. It's just that the thought of him being "uninsured" is freaking me out. A backwards slide into "white trash", if you will.

I hated "The Mist". The ending sucked and beyond any of that, I don't understand why it was so religious based feeling. And I have a hard time accepting that any benevolent god would be so drastic. I guess I just have a hard time when I feel like people are being persecuted for being different. I guess I'm full of over-privileged guilt. Hah. Yeah, I am SO over privileged.

Imagine how Ben must have felt though. I'm in the bedroom in the dark, bawling my eyes out over the soldier scene, and screaming into the blanket alternately, and he comes in and just looks at me like I'm crazy. I am, a little bit. But I was just really into the movie, I guess. He even asked if I was all right and I assured him I was.
Screw that movie.

My child had his own mini freak-out that night. I opened the door and he was bawling, when I asked why he mentioned that "I don't want you to die". Oh lord.

Saturday was a wash. Shopping, dishes, tried to watch the SUCK football game. Maybe I'm lucky I wasn't able to see it. Saturday night I passed out. I waited until we got Chinese food (Yum) and we tried to watch "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but I lost it. Just conked right out.
We had to watch it Sunday instead.

Sunday was as lazy as I could be.

And last night we watched "Be Kind, Rewind". We like Jack Black in my house. =)

Today? I'm LOVING this feeling of nausea and random heart burn that keeps popping up. Perhaps I am pregnantgetting some flu bug.

Also, I may stab a co-worker today. She's driving me MORE crazy than usual. =)

PS. I wrote this two days ago, before MySpace refused to let me into BLOGS for some effing reason. I'm dealing with the insurance thing for my kid, but now I have new things to freak out about.
I was woken up with nausea last night. And I've had heartburn a lot lately. Maybe due to all the free candy everywhere, but maybe not.
I sent Ben to the store for a goddamn pregnancy test today. I thought I'd beaten the crazy down, but no. And since I've had all fucking day to think about it, it's gotten worse. Of course.
I'll be peeing in a cup tomorrow morning. It'll be awesome. Wish me luck.
------------------------------------------------
Friday, October 3rd
This horror movie review brough to you by the letter "M"

OMG!

I know that I've read this. Once upon a time it was my mission in life to read everything Stephen King but the "Gunslinger".

But WOW. This movie, at 16 minutes into it has already blown my mind.

Good on you, "The Mist". YAY for good horror movies.

----------------------------------------------
Working class poor.

I've officially made it there. No more OHP for Derek. I need to figure out if they will cover dental (cause my kid is full of dental problems) still, if Jake's insurance covers dental (Karen thought not), or if I need to add him to my insurance here.

Which seems most likely at this point. Ack. We've been to the dentist monthly since the kid broke his tooth. I'm just a little pissed off. I plan poorly, barely keep my head above water paycheck to paycheck, and now I'll have to potentially come up with deductibles whenever the kid knocks his filling off.

The planned visits are one thing.

Add that to October being a spendy month between fundraisers, school pictures, and Halloween prep. and I'm a little bit freaked out. Hence the wanting to climb under the covers and stay there.

November isn't looking much better with Derek's birthday, and now I must plan for his follow up dental after the root canal, and his planned visit for immunizations and whatever co-pay Jake's insurance takes, and I'm scared. I need a savings account. Or a credit card for emergencies. Even though I HATE credit cards. Hm.
----------------------------------------------
Wednesday, Oct. 1st
I’m STILL effing allergic...

Today I had to clear my throat about 3 times before I could even talk to my kid.

Maybe I'll lose my voice. I'm sick of this headache every day. I'm sick of my throat being scratchy. I'm sick of everything.

My attitude sucks today.

I spent what felt like FOREVER riding the bus around yesterday to take the child to his appointment.
The prognosis?
He has a planters wart. What is he, 50?
I thought that was an old people thing. Turns out it's actually less likely to happen to older people, they have an immunity built up.

He's 4'10" and a half, 74 lbs.
He's around the 79th percentile for height, and just under that 50th percentile for weight. Tall and skinny, basically.

I'm only 5'6" or so. 7 and a half inches to go.
He kept asking me if he was going to need shots, especially since he isn't sick or anything. I tried to tell him that a shot would be like nothing compared to a root canal. And then I brought out the big guns and told him I get a shot every 3 months and I explained why.
He didn't have to have a shot yet, but he will after his birthday. 3 of them in fact. He didn't want to get the flu shot, so we skipped that.
As for the wart, it sounds like it'll go away on it's own, and there are a few things we can try, but they can't freeze it off according to OHP.
Not that the kid wants to do that anyhow. I think he thinks everything at the doctor hurts, it makes me sad for my baby. =(
His eyesight appears normal, thank goodness. I hope he gets Jake's metabolism and my eyesight. Heh.

I'm extremely lucky really. He's so naturally thin, I don't have to sit and worry about what he's eating or anything. And I would, I am that mother. Worry but say nothing, cause how do you broach the weight thing? When he asks me questions, I tell him as much as I know, like that vegetables are good and such, but I am glad I don't have to worry about his weight.
-----------------------------------------------------
September 30, 2008
"Sometimes I even cut myself to see how much it bleeds"

"Stan" still gives me goose bumps.

I remember running out and buying "The Marshall Mathers LP" at full price in 2000. That's a big deal to me, running out and buying an album new. I almost always buy used.

I remember sitting in my house listening to it and being so excited. Hanging out with a friend, just sitting around reveling in my new Eminem album.

That was a long damn time ago. The song always seems fresh though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.