The days are long indeed.
So without the devil at work anymore (oh yeah, she quit and
I didn’t blog about it but the two people who read this know anyhow); work is
great. It is also slow as hell right now, and apparently our time used to be
filled with a lot of chasing after her shit because I find myself done faster
and searching in vain for work to keep me busy.
I’m not the only one either. What sucks is that we have too
many bodies here, until football season and then we need every damned one. So
unless we just hire seasonal work, we have to have this many bodies. Apparently
when the older ladies retire, they don’t plan on filling their positions. So
more work for me, right? And maybe more pay? (one can hope)…but when things get
crazy will I be able to be 3 fucking people? The plan right now is for another
co-worker to transition more over into what my boss does and I would probably
take over expenses and keep doing financials, etc. The co-worker knows almost
nothing about accounting and the guy who has a 4 year degree in accounting has
been reassigned into a more analytical role. Considering how little work he
does versus how much he talks, this is probably perfect. I was hoping, however,
the he would grow into the role of the people who will retire at some point.
Plus I don’t even want to know if he makes more than me now. That would piss me
right the fuck off.
I was worried about potentially getting fired as the boss’
boss kept talking about how we have too many people. I’m not sure why,
considering I’m not the lowest man on the totem pole so to speak. Plus I do
things that other people think they can’t. Which isn’t necessarily true, but
they don’t/won’t/can’t take the time to watch me and figure it out. So at 11 years,
starting my 12th, I guess I’m finally safe. I mean, the devil was
the one who was trying to get me fired anyhow, once upon a time.
So, things are changing. I’m not sure if I like it or not.
But having a job is a good thing and now that I might be able to use that to
get student loan forgiveness, I’m even more inclined to stay in my comfort
zone.
In other news – B and I are getting along quite well mainly
because I have finally realized I can talk to him about things instead of
letting them fester. We still have issues, of course, but I think this whole fiancé
business has been really good for me over all.
The child is at least going to school. What are his grades
going to show after this week? I don’t know and I find that it’s entirely too
much work and stress to keep pushing him when he can’t be bothered to keep up
on his homework. Maybe this is the easy way out, but I can’t stress this much
anymore or I might actually kill him. High school is not the end, there is so
much more to life so why was I so fucking stressed out for the past year and a
half. Yes, I want him to do better, but I can’ t be his motivation. He has to
care on his own. Meh. I’ve started telling him he can be a trash man or a
janitor. It’s not like college got me a primo job anyhow. College is a trap, I
think.
Comments