And now for something completely awesome..
I love tax time. I love having the
bit of extra, it makes me SO happy and carefree, something I really don't get
to experience 10 months out of the year.
That's not even the completely awesome
thing though. I am getting better at telling B when shit bothers me and he's
getting better at it too and I'm not even getting defensive about it! Is this
what time does? I mean, we don't yell and I still have to mostly text my gripes
so I don't break down in tears...but he labeled an action of mine as passive aggressive
and he was totally right and I'm actually happy he called me on it.
Communication is the best. I appreciate that I can say something and not have
to be worried that he's going to be too mad or leave me. That's not going to
happen.
So anyhow. That's awesome. I LOVE being able to say what's on my mind and I love that we are getting better at talking.
In other, less awesome news, the child is freaking GROUNDED. I'm not sure why I didn't realize that high school would be a challenge. There had to be some grounding. I guess I'm glad he failed in his first year, it would suck if he didn't fail until his last year and then he couldn't graduate. Now I'm more prepared to kick some ass and make sure he's doing what needs to be done. We let him go to church this morning because it's church. He cleaned his room yesterday and we're thinking we'll probably let him off the hook Sunday. Half a day off grounding for cleaning I guess? I'm not sure if we're being too lenient, only time will tell. The great thing about him having so much stuff is that we can take away so much of it. I contacted his teacher to ask how he went from a B to an F, but she has not responded at all and it makes me irritated. All I want is some idea as to what happened...just a quick email back. So I dunno, I may have to contact the principal or at least the guidance counselor so I can get some answers and figure out what needs to be done to get him back on track. I even mentioned summer school in my email, but no response. I find it weird that he had a substitute for much of the first half of the class and got a B, but then an F after the other teacher came back and I'd like to know if the rest of the class had such issues. I mean, he got B's in EVERY other class, he's not an F student so what went wrong? The report card just said he needs to turn in homework...not needed, but needs? Then when he went and talked to her, she was like..nope, nothing you can do. At least according to him.
Back to the happy things - Vacation starts Friday! Thursday evening will be my tattoo and then I get to do nothing that I don't want to until the 26th. WOOOOO. B and I are going to have a "date day" and go do brunch and then lunch. AND try every drink we never try because they are so spendy. I'm terribly excited. And I have a sleep over date on Friday! And a date with Tammi on Saturday the 23rd. I have plans, y'all! And money to do things with. It's the best. It'll go past way too quickly no doubt and then I'll be back to the drudgery of work, but right now it lays before me with so much promise. =) WEEEEEEEE.
So anyhow. That's awesome. I LOVE being able to say what's on my mind and I love that we are getting better at talking.
In other, less awesome news, the child is freaking GROUNDED. I'm not sure why I didn't realize that high school would be a challenge. There had to be some grounding. I guess I'm glad he failed in his first year, it would suck if he didn't fail until his last year and then he couldn't graduate. Now I'm more prepared to kick some ass and make sure he's doing what needs to be done. We let him go to church this morning because it's church. He cleaned his room yesterday and we're thinking we'll probably let him off the hook Sunday. Half a day off grounding for cleaning I guess? I'm not sure if we're being too lenient, only time will tell. The great thing about him having so much stuff is that we can take away so much of it. I contacted his teacher to ask how he went from a B to an F, but she has not responded at all and it makes me irritated. All I want is some idea as to what happened...just a quick email back. So I dunno, I may have to contact the principal or at least the guidance counselor so I can get some answers and figure out what needs to be done to get him back on track. I even mentioned summer school in my email, but no response. I find it weird that he had a substitute for much of the first half of the class and got a B, but then an F after the other teacher came back and I'd like to know if the rest of the class had such issues. I mean, he got B's in EVERY other class, he's not an F student so what went wrong? The report card just said he needs to turn in homework...not needed, but needs? Then when he went and talked to her, she was like..nope, nothing you can do. At least according to him.
Back to the happy things - Vacation starts Friday! Thursday evening will be my tattoo and then I get to do nothing that I don't want to until the 26th. WOOOOO. B and I are going to have a "date day" and go do brunch and then lunch. AND try every drink we never try because they are so spendy. I'm terribly excited. And I have a sleep over date on Friday! And a date with Tammi on Saturday the 23rd. I have plans, y'all! And money to do things with. It's the best. It'll go past way too quickly no doubt and then I'll be back to the drudgery of work, but right now it lays before me with so much promise. =) WEEEEEEEE.
Comments