Birth Control thoughts...


So once upon a time I was not so good at birth control. Hence my 15 year old son. And I’m 32. You can do the math.

I hadn’t been having sex for terribly long at that point, but had used condoms pretty much exclusively because I knew nothing about birth control and didn’t think I could afford the pill. Plus my relationships were just not long enough to be sure of total monogamy, people are young, I didn’t want AIDS…you know.

D came about because his dad told me he was allergic to latex. EVERYONE I tell that to gives me the “oh honey” look. Okay, maybe I am naïve, and he has since told me that he found out he wasn’t really allergic, so maybe it was all a line. But who cares now? If it was a line, he got perfect karma in the form of an accidental child. And I got what I needed in life to drive me to accomplish something. Because I was really going nowhere fast.

It’s funny to think about now. I went in for birth control only to find out I was pregnant. Haha. I actually pretty much already knew but it’s funny to tell people that I went in for the pill and was told it was too late. DUH DUH DUH….cue ominous thunder here….

So yeah. Now I am crazy about the birth control. As far as I know, I’ve never had a close call ever since, though I’ve tricked myself into thinking maybe a few times. Just called today for my next depo shot because it is SO fool proof. I don’t love the idea of depo but since the birth control pills don’t work with my blood pressure, I’m cool with it.

Someday I hope to be done with the birth control one way or another. B hems and haws whenever the snip, snip is brought up. But it’s obvious we aren’t having kids and who would want to at this point? My kid will be 16 this year. No FREAKING thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.