What in the world would actually get me to post a blog here?

Utter calamity of course.

And way TMI.
You've been warned, all two of you who read this.

So..last Saturday at the concert, I sat with Heather and made up my mind that I really DID have a yeast infection. The itchiness right around the vaginal opening was maddening and I had one applicator left from a previous bout with this shit.

I started using that one and drug Ben with me to Fred Meyers to get more of this treatment. It seems to me that I used a shorter treatment before and it didn't really work for me. (I've come to find out that it might have worked, if I'd just waited a few days to see if the itchiness passed) So I bought the 7 day treatment.
And spent the next 4 nights in complete uncomfortableness, hoping that I was laying still enough to keep the medicine "in there" and working. I even cried and made Ben go to sleep early on Sunday night, cause I was determined that I should have enough "sleep hours" to make the medicine work.
I was pissed about the timing, as I've been looking forward to my 5 day weekend to eat Turkey and have as much sex as I wanted. At least once a day. It's what I do when I have no work to occupy me.

Cut to Tuesday, and my annual check up "down there". Ivy, my favorite nurse practitioner person, told me that I was "saved" from the exam by the cream, but also seemed to think that I didn't really have a YI, but was treating something else. Not enough that she wanted to look at it, mind you, just enough for me to question my own thought process.

Now we're at Thursday, after 5 days all together of this medicine, and I eat Turkey, drink my fair share of rum and cokes (and your fair share too) and just fall asleep. Sans the gloopy cream that I have come to hate.
I felt better, the damn NP told me that I didn't even know if I had a YI, and I was SICK of putting a cold, gloopy, gross mess of medicine up there with an applicator and then PRAYING I didn't have to pee a lot during the night. (cause that of course makes my crazy brain certain that it won't do the trick, never mind that not putting it in at all won't do me any damn good.)

So I made a conscious, somewhat drunk decision not to have to deal with it.
I woke up Friday, still felt ok in that area, decided to fling myself at Ben.
After my shower, I was bleeding. I don't know if the area is just sore as hell or what. I don't know if the already angry area was just more hurt by the sex, or what. I just know I spent a miserable day yesterday worrying about the area, certain it was just gonna fall off or something. (do you not read this blog? I'm crazy) Equally certain I can't just go back to putting the damn cream in there. I already stopped, I ALREADY did the thing that damn medicine says not to.

Today it's better, and not the same kind of itchy, though maybe more itchy on the outside. And my favorite area is still really sensitive and wants nothing to do with a touch, and really not much to do with that whole bothersome wiping thing I have do after going pee.

So...if anyone of the two people who reads this knows, am I gonna die?

Heh. I'm only half kidding.

My options are thus.
1. Wait until Friday to buy more medicine.
2. Maybe be able to get some yogurt to try and insert (at least it's organic) to make it better like TMI_chix would tell me to do.
3. Wait until Friday and go back and see the GD doctor to see what she thinks. Maybe this really isn't a YI, though it's the same symptoms that the same fucking office told me to take the medicine for before. Without a fucking exam. They ENCOURAGED me to go and just get the medicine and than I get gently rebuked for not calling and coming in this time and just treating it myself.

I'm kind of pissed. And really upset.
I'm pretty certain I can't just take the last 3 applications and think that will do it.

And did I just totally fuck up my body? Perhaps I've only made it more resistant to the treatment in the future.
And is there another fucking way to treat this besides walking around with gooey, icky crap between my legs?

I hate that I am so out of money I can't actually ask a doctor until Friday.
Hell, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine. Not fucking likely with me, but who knows.

If you made it this far, I'd say you get a cookie, but I can't even treat a YI correctly, so you probably don't want any cookie I'd make.

All right, have at me, tell me I'm a moron for not finishing the medicine and for putting all my vaginal business on the internet, I feel like one already.
But I can't find anything on the internet that actually tells me what quitting the treatment early will do. Presumably, it could just make this YI (if that's what it is) more resistant to that medicine and have to take it one step farther and get the doctor to give me a prescription. That's the logical thought I've come to, but who fucking knows if that is truly what happens.

P.S. This whole "not being able to have sex thing", where in fact it kind of HURTS to do so, has not hindered my libido. My dreams over this period of medication and not medication have ranged to sex with two different girls in one night (in a matter which I'm not sure would actually work logistically) and frequently interrupted sex with Ben in a dream last night. We weren't ever able to finish, go figure. Even my brain knows that I can't have sex. Instead of trying to help a girl out though, I just get taunting. Thanks brain. And body. Like you don't get enough when I am able.

P.P.S. (I have already forgot if that is right) This just cements my resolve to always have sex when the opportunity presents itself, cause you NEVER know when you will be unable to have it for AGES.

P.P.P.S. I'm like a teenage boy, apparently. So blame my brain and body for making me want to have sex before I should have stopped taking the fucking medication. BOO!

Comments

Jenn said…
I have heard Vinegar washes can help although i have never tried it. I do know there is a pill for YI, i haven tried that either i always just get the goop. I usually get the ovules although that turns into goop eventually, and i do the 3 day treatment because i never seem to convince myself that i have to do 7.
SWSNBN said…
I did the 3 day once and I LOVE the capsule as opposed to the goop, but it didn't seem to take it away, so I ended up doing the 7 day after that.

Then someone at work told me she did the one day and it worked, though it took a few more days after for her body to stop the annoying side effects. So maybe I should have just waited?

It's a toss up. I can either spend $15 at the doctor and then whatever on a prescription if that's what they do, or pick up the 3 day (cause I obviously can't make it 7 days) for $10.

But I don't want to do that if I've already made it untreatable by stopping the other treatment.

I just feel like if I call the nurse, she's going to want me to come in, and then I have to spend a butt load of money.

Or I can just never be comfortable enough to have sex again, I suppose. Ack.
AnywhereEden said…
wait till friday, see the doctor. If it's not a YI you need to know what it is. If it is one, the days of treatment you did should have helped by then. Don't take any antibiotics if it is one, they could have have caused it to start. And are you getting YIs repeatedly? Like more than 3 in 6 months or so? If so don't use any soaps or lotions down there, they could irritate it. And repeated YIs can be a sign of diabetes.
The pill they can prescribe is pretty heavy duty, and since there are several varieties of yeasts that can cause infections, the pill is more for if you have a type of yeast that doesn't respond well to normal myconizole treatments. Which may also be the case. The doctors can take a sample scraping from the area (painless) and check under the microscope to see if it really is yeast and not bacterial or something else, and even determine if it's a hard to kill strain of yeast. So go to the doc.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.